Summer is just the right time to get the septic system scrutinized. Warm temperatures and ground make plumbing effortless to accomplish. Moreover, summer is also the time to use the outdoor sprinkler systems. To circumvent issues like causing backups in the sewer system through water seeping through cracks at the time of heavy storms and to ensure everything is functioning adequately, hiring specialized services of a professional plumber is always worth.
Plumbing Maintenance Checklist
- Keep track of stoppages and times between them.
- Plan timely sewer main snaking in the case of tree roots causing frequent issues.
- Pump the septic system when required. As the plumbing experts during scrutiny.
- Remove any tree with problem roots to circumvent plumbing issues in future.
- Clean entrenched sprinkler system heads to ensure proper functioning.
In the case of lawn irrigation system, do not miss to scrutinize for the signification of leakage or damage prior to start using it. In addition, the garden hoses should also be checked for any damage, as they usually dry rot or crack during winters, leaving them susceptible to leaks. Even though the use of patching material can help to repair the hose, however, if it is cracked at multiple spots, consider getting it replaced.
Consider these landscaping tips as additional summer water maintenance checklist tasks to take care of.
- Make use of fertilizers in moderation as they support new growth that needs more amount of water.
- Weeds growing around the plants should be removed thoroughly as they compete for moisture with the plants.
- Mulch under trees and around plants should be replaced in order to help soil hold an adequate amount of moisture.
- The cutting height of mower should be increased to make the grass blades high enough to shade the ground and use less water.
The plumbing system at home is not only responsible for providing water for inside tasks, but also to an array of outdoor tasks as well.
– Lenmark D Anthony